What is loud, bold, and seemingly fearless of Chaos?
The answer might surprise you and yet it makes perfect sense.
The answer: Silence
In this episode we discuss Silence, Tip #2 in the Ten Tips to Redirect Conflict.
You can find all 10-Tips on page 90 of
Why is Silence, so effective in leading chaos?
Consider Silences first as a behavior and secondly as a crisis intervention technique.
1. As a behavior, Silence imparts and projects neutrality. It stands to reason that Chaos’s flame will not get fanned by neutrality.
2. Silence, provides the space to listen. Listening is a gift to a chaotic person.
3. If we begin our engagement with chaos in Silence, when we do eventually speak the chaotic person will be open to listen.
4. Our Silence allows us time to think and to consider the safest course of action – which is always safety.
- Do take time to disconnect
- turn off social media
- turn off radio
- turn off music
- and yes take a breather even from podcasts.
- Make sure that you feel comfortable in your own silence
- Find quiet time to relax and think only of your breathing
Being comfortable in your own silence projects authority and ability.
Listen to the full episode to hear my own experience with Silence.
Great British Bed Push Update
Listen to this podcast episode: Great British Bed Push to find the behind the scenes story.
The bed is in Edinburg and is being repaired before she can roll on. So far 10,000 pounds have been raised – but that is still quite shy of her target of 200,000 pounds. Money she will use to build a home for vulnerable children. Donate Great British Bed Push donate
Please follow along and support her on twitter @fullreach