Public speaking and crisis intervention fit like two peas in a pod. Thinking, terrifying? Well, then. It is time to put the boogie man in the box and master both with 1 simple tool.
Before we begin lets look at their similarities between Public Speaking and Crisis Intervention.
- Both are public events and put you the speaker on center stage.
- Both require clear thoughts.
- The audience whether it is a large audience or angry person are not only listening to what you are saying, but also watching you very, very…did I say very yet…closely.
- Articulation is a requirement
- You are responsible for setting the timing of the event.
- Your confidence helps the audience be confident in you.
- Your success is dependent upon your ability to control your breath
Whoa doggies! let’s stop at #6 and go to this one single skill – breath.
Yes, your breath is the ticket to successfully mastering both Public Speaking and Crisis Intervention.
In this episode I will describe a simple exercise that you can do – best done with others- that will help you begin to master both your breath, public speaking and crisis intervention. Win-Win- and WIN again.
FYI, we are reading out of my book Leading Chaos: An Essential Guide to Conflict Management. Look to page # 112 in the Chapter titled: Don’t Forget to Breathe
Please download this episode and begin Mastering Public Speaking today!
Keep in touch by sending an email to me firstname.lastname@example.org